Solved

Typeform to Klaviyo > Profile Properties not captured

• 16 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

We have been trying to get the correct data to our Klaviyo list from Typeform. The data being captured is inconsistent. Profile name captured from the entry on Typeform sometimes gets the email address instead. When this happens, names and addresses does not appear on the list as well but can be found in the custom properties. I am not sure if this makes sense but this is how I see it. It looks bad if addressing the recipient on the automated emails by email address.

icon

Best answer by chloe.strange 28 March 2023, 23:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @nicobongco!

This is caused by the identifier mechanism that Klaviyo uses. If a submitter does not include a value for first name in the form, the profile will show the email address as the main identifier. The profiles that are showing the email address actually just don't have any first name saved.

As you can see in the help center article, we sync name information in accordance to these rules:

When your Typeform question includes the word "name", the following happens:

• If the words "business", "employer", "organization", or "store" are part of the question, the answer is set to the $organization property in Klaviyo.
  • If neither "first" or "last" is part of the question, the first and second words of the answer are set to the first and last name properties in Klaviyo, respectively.
  • If "last" is part of the question, the answer is set to the last name property in Klaviyo.
  • If "first" is part of the question, the answer is set to the first name property in Klaviyo.
  • Any additional form questions containing the word "name" will be recorded as custom properties in Klaviyo.

When including the questions on first and last name, are you attaching any special characters to the words "first" or "last" such as an asterisk (*)? If so, our character match may not work. If so, it would likely be helpful to remove the special characters and see if future profiles sync a name.

I hope this helps to clarify, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge +1

Hi @Brian Turcotte,

Are you referring to the asterisk (*) as the indication of a required input (image attached)?

The issue does not happen all the time. Upon checking the profiles of those who have answered our questions, that custom property (which is the question) and the answer do exist but it does not reflect to the profile. Like this for instance.

Profile of Irene is her email whereas she entered her first and last name on the Typeform form (input required). The custom properties can be found in her profile (image attached). Same goes for Location. The above image shows no location but when checking the custom properties it is there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @nicobongco!

Are there any changes to the profile after waiting for some time? Typeform doesn’t sync all data in real time, but rather on an hourly basis.

It’s therefore possible that the property is already created by older submissions, but recent submissions are taking some time to reflect in individual profiles within Klaviyo.

Thanks,

Brian

Badge +1

Hi @Brian Turcotte !

There are no changes after waiting for some time. Until now the profiles are still the same. Some do reflect right away and some don’t.

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @nicobongco

I looked into this and I see that our engineering team is working with you on a support ticket to have this resolved. I’ll update this thread once a solution has been provided.

~Chloe