Solved

Unable to integrate Klaviyo with Google AdWords

• 15 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +3
  • Contributor I
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to integrate Klaviyo with Google AdWords.

Using the same email address, I'm an admin on AdWords and Klaviyo. On AdWords, we have an MCC account associated with our PPC account. After going through the integration process using the same email address, I can only select the MCC account on Klaviyo ends. I don't see the PPC account.
Has anyone had this issue and was able to resolve it?

icon

Best answer by Akers Digital 27 December 2022, 19:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @JSR and welcome to the Community!

According to our Help Center Article on the Google Ads Integration, the preliminary requirement for this integration is that you must eligible for Google's Customer Match policy, so would you be willing to confirm that this is true for your account?

Also, it might be helpful if you could provide screenshots of where you mentioned you can only see MCC on Klaviyo’s end, so that myself and other members of the Community can get a better idea of where you are in the integration process.

If you haven’t already done so, it may also be helpful to add your Google account directly to the Ad account you'd like to connect. Then, remove the integration, clear your browser cache and try to reintegrate with Google Ads again, while ensuring that you are signing in with the correct google admin account per step 9 of the Help Center Article. 

I hope this helps, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge +3

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your message. We are eligible for Google’s customer match.  I tried using incognito to connect both accounts and I also cleared my cache and cookies. On step 9, I only see the MCC account. Again I’m an admin on both tools and I’m using the same email address.

Badge +3

We are having the exact same issue. We actually have two emails we use with access to our client’s numerous Google Ads accounts, as well as an MCC that links to all.

I tried to connect Klaviyo to a client’s account (Let’s call them Client A) and saw a few different accounts (B,C,D etc), but not Client A. I then realised it was because the Google Login 1 I was using was not an admin of Client A at a user level, so I used our other Google login 2 which was an admin of Client A. When I removed the Google Ads integration and started again, this time using the correct Google login 2, I saw the exact same list of clients (B,C and D) as the original google login 1. These are clients that the Google login 2 does not have access to, so it was clearly still pulling in the clients the original Google login 1 had access to. I have tried this several times, clearing my cookies/cache, using incognito and using a different device - the same result each time.

Please help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hey all,

In my experience, the Klaviyo integration doesn’t work with MCC accounts. You can see the main MCC account, just not any of the sub-accounts.

We have found that we need to be added directly as an admin of accounts for the integration to work. For our clients, we walk them through the setup process since they are most commonly admins directly in the Google Ads account (not via MCC). Once the integration is setup, then anyone can go in and edit what lists/segments are being sent over to Google. 

Badge +3

Thank you! We were able to get it done.