Solved

Using WooCommerce order statuses in Klaviyo

Badge +1

Hello community!

We are slightly new to Klaviyo, first time posting here,

so first we’d like to thank all members that helped Klaviyo became the best-in-class of its kind!

Next is our question:

Why (considering all the data Klaviyo accesses on its WooCommerce integration) do payment methods and middle order statuses (such as “Awaiting payment” and “On hold”) are not tracked at all?

I’ll explain further why the integration should take that data aswell:

• Transactional emails: Many payment methods do require an additional step for the client to pay. Using Klaviyo would help us knowing how to reduce client hussle, and would give us a great tool to monitor other important aspects.
  • Campaigns: Specific campaigns for those who (for example) bought with installments

We know it would be possible to track those events with API calls but we do not fully understand how. It would be great if those missing fields will be automatically tracked in a future plugin release! Unless there is a smart way of doing it we missed

Thanks for the support,

Francesco

icon

Best answer by Dov 24 May 2022, 22:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @mrgagliotta,

Thanks for sharing this question with our community and welcome to Klaviyo! We’re happy to have you here in the community.

While we do not track those order status as discrete events, our support team can enable the option for you on Klaviyo’s end so that if a payment is put into one of those order statuses, it triggers a Placed Order event for WooCommerce in Klaviyo.

If you’d like to enable that in your account, please reach out to the support team to assist you with that process.

I hope that’s helpful.

Badge +1

Hi @mrgagliotta,

Thanks for sharing this question with our community and welcome to Klaviyo! We’re happy to have you here in the community.

While we do not track those order status as discrete events, our support team can enable the option for you on Klaviyo’s end so that if a payment is put into one of those order statuses, it triggers a Placed Order event for WooCommerce in Klaviyo.

If you’d like to enable that in your account, please reach out to the support team to assist you with that process.

I hope that’s helpful.

Thanks for the answer!

Anyway that would not let me know the specific pay method that has been used, correct?

Have a nice day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @mrgagliotta,

Thanks for your reply.

That is correct. This would only allow Klaviyo to trigger a Placed Order event based on one (or more) of the aforementioned payment statuses.

Thanks for being a member of our community.