Solved

What are the Active On Site JavaScripts?

• 4 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I have added Klaviyo to my Shopify store using the official Klaviyo app, with the setting checked 'Automatically add Klaviyo onsite javascript (recommended)'. However it's added 12 scripts in total ( 2 onsite scripts, and 10 tracking scripts as shown in the image below). If I choose to uncheck this option and add the scripts myself I have no way of knowing which script does what - does anyone know of a guide to installing klaviyo in a more streamlined way, as 12 scripts is ridiculous. Simply knowing what each script does would be something.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by cassy.lee 5 November 2020, 01:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @dilby, thanks so much for being a part of the Klaviyo Community and for sharing this question! 

The Klaviyo Active on Site Javascript is recommended to be installed by our customers, as this script allows you to publish Klaviyo signup forms to your site, track your customers as they click from Klaviyo-sent emails to your website, and allows you to track your cookied customers as they are active on your website.

The script that you have installed is one javascript that can be broken into sections to allow for appropriate tracking and form installation. You can read more about our active on site tracking here. The snippet is very small and should not cause any negative effects to your load speed.

At this time, I do not have an exact break down for you as to what each piece of that script does (as shown in your photo), although I am happy to reach out to my team to see if they have the breakdown of the scripts for you. I see that you have also created a Support ticket for this question, so I can follow up with you there in order to get more details about your specific instance.

Thanks, 
-Cassy

Badge +1

Can i used this feature in moving service site? any one tell me

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @sudaeh,

There wouldn’t be any limitation on installing and using the Klaviyo Active on Site function based on the type of business, industry, or site you are using. In fact, setting up the Klaviyo web tracking is often times considered a core part of installing and using Klaviyo as it allows Klaviyo to further track and cookie your site visitors to trigger corresponding events. 

In short, I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to use this feature for your moving service site. 

David