Solved

Why am I getting a 500 Server Error?

• 5 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello, 

Ive been using klayvio just fine for some time now. However in the past couple of weeks we’ve been getting strange emails from customers and basically its because the flow triggers arent working in klayvio due to our periodic sync not working. Ive contacted support and they inform me that it is a 500 server error and its likely due to woocommerce not being set up proplerly? Seeing as I am the one who manages woocommerce can someone please help me with this issue as it has been working fine for months. could it be due to the new wordpress update? 

I have made sure plugins are up-to-date and I have deleted them and re-integrated and re synced old data but I still seem to be getting this error. 

I have also put in a request to my server host to add what support suggested. 

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated as the support guy couldnt really give me anything to work on except for essentuially ask someone else! 

icon

Best answer by David To 6 September 2022, 19:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @armedandgorgeous,

Just wanted to let you know I took the liberty of removing some potentially confident information from your post.

Server 500 errors are never fun to diagnose and broadly mean something is wrong with the connection. Outside of your WooCommerce integration not being setup correctly, there could be other contributing factors to this error. Some of the most common ones is due to blocks or security restrictions on your WooCommerce site that our Support colleague recommended checking up on. 

After adjusting your permissions and allowlisting Klaviyo’s user agent doesn’t alleviate it, as someone who manages the WooCommerce backend, you may want to review both your site code and even potentially go as far as reviewing your stack trace and logs to pinpoint where the 500 error is occurring and resolving it prior to re-integrating with Klaviyo. 

I also want to point out that server 500 errors for WooCommerce are a common occurrence. Because it is so common you can add a line for debugging that providers more description on the error. This is highlighted in WooCommerce’s own Troubleshooting 101: More Info on Internal Server 500 Error document. Additionally, you may want to check out Hubspot’s own 500 Internal Server Errors: What They Are & How to Fix Them blog article and WPBeginner’s How to Fix the 500 Internal Server Error in WordPress tutorial on common causes and resolutions to 500 errors.

I hope this helps!

David