Solved

Why are Shopify newsletter subscribers not automatically syncing with Klaviyo newsletter list?

• 8 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I have read and followed some other threads on this here in the community but can’t seem to work out why the customer signup from shopify is not syncing to klaviyo.

I have followed this https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005080407-Integrate-with-Shopify#sync-your-shopify-newsletter-subscribers-to-a-klaviyo-list2

So my settings and code looks fine to me. 

The emails get synced when under shopify integration i do re-import historical data at the bottom but not automatically as it should. What am I missing? Please help!

icon

Best answer by cassy.lee 9 March 2021, 00:21

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Thank you so much @cassy.lee.

Yes, turns out it's the issue with the double opt-in. I saw that I had a confirmation mail in my inbox and after I confirmed, it was added to the list. 

Appreciate your help, thanks again!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @chaitra, thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community forum and sharing this experience.

Can you provide any additional details on what you have already tried? I know you have mentioned looking at other Community posts regarding this subject, but based on what you have shared, I feel like there are some threads that might be able to provide some more clarity to your experience. If you have a free account, you may be running into a Double Opt In issue, similar to the OP of this question: 

In particular, there’s a comment in that thread from @ksanfelipe that further explains the issue you might be running into: 

Are you using a 3rd party Shopify theme?

If you are using a Shopify 3rd party theme, your theme's default signup forms must also apply the Newsletter tag to new subscribers in order for Klaviyo to automatically sync these subscribers to a Klaviyo list. Contact your theme developer, or if you're comfortable editing your theme's source code, add the following hidden input tag to your form's input group:
<input type="hidden" name="contact[tags]" value="newsletter">

Another post that can also be useful to look over is this one answered by @retention, who goes into a lot of detail on the Double Opt In process and how it works with Shopify. 

Thanks, 
-Cass.