Why can't I sync my list or segment to a Facebook Custom Audience?

• 18 February 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

If you can’t sync your list or segment to a Facebook Custom Audience, check that you have over 100 profiles in your list or segment. Facebook requires that you have at least 100 profiles in order to create a Custom Audience. 

8 replies

Badge

If you can’t sync your list or segment to a Facebook Custom Audience, check that you have over 100 profiles in your list or segment. Facebook requires that you have at least 100 profiles in order to create a Custom Audience. 

The link added doesnt’ work anymore

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @sandragarcia,

What link are you referring to in your response to @Jessie Sigler ?

Badge +1

Hi! My list has more than 100 people and I still have problems sync a list to a Facebook Custom Audience. Any idea of what could be happening? 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @annalemana!

Thanks for posting your question to the Community and hope I can assist!

Did you happen to agree to the Custom Audience terms before you can create or edit an audience of CUSTOM type. This link should direct you to where to accept these terms.

If you still see issues please take a look at this handy community post: Facebook Terms of Service

Keep us updated!
Alex

Badge +1

We have more than 100 profiles on our list, and we’ve accepted Facebook’s terms of service. We’re still getting an error that Klaviyo is unable to create a custom audience, and then a subsequent error that the Facebook integration isn’t working.

Can anyone help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @85northclothing,

Sorry to hear that you are still running into issues with Facebook’s custom audience and integration. We can try and resolve the error that you are experiencing by resetting the integration. Please follow the steps below:

1. Log into tour Klaviyo account account and visit your Facebook integrations page: https://www.klaviyo.com/integration/facebook#

2. In the top right of the screen, remove (not disable) the integration: 

3. Log out of Klaviyo

4. In your web browser, clear your cache and cookies. This will allow us to create a fresh connection under your Facebook page (which should have the correct permissions)

5. Log into your Facebook page. Please ensure that the Facebook account which you are signed into has ADMIN permissions so that you can manage lead ads and custom audiences

6. Once you confirmed that you have the correct permissions, log back into Klaviyo and re-integrate with Facebook according to this guide: How to Integrate with Facebook Advertising. See below for some important tips when setting up the integration again.

When re-adding the integration, you will get routed to Facebook if you are currently signed into Facebook. ****Instead of "Continue as", you will select "Edit Settings". If you manage multiple Facebook pages, you will need to make sure this step is done.****

?name=inline104904443.png

The next option will show all of the pages you are associated with. From there, you select the page in question. If it does not show up at this step, make sure you are listed as an admin. 

facebookpage.png

Don't forget to enable all permissions for the Facebook page

klaviyoallow.png

7. You may need to set up your custom audiences and lead ads again once the integration is complete.

If issues continue to persist after resetting the integration, please report back with specific error screenshots or messages that appear and we can see what we can do from there. Thank you!
Alex

Badge

Hello,

Over the past two days I have tried everything listed here, including removing the integration, logging out, clearing my cache, and even using a different browser to re-establish the connection, but am still unable to get the integration to work.

No matter what list I try (all over 100 members) I always receive the same error:

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @sknyvett ,

I would recommend reaching out to our Support team so they can take an internal look into your account.

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Alex