Solved

Woocommerce Custom checkout fields data passing to Klaviyo

• 11 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi, we have WooCommerce integration with Klaviyo in a standard way via a plugin. We are solving the problem of how to get the data from WooCommerce Checkout Editor plugin into Klaviyo and be able to target according to it? Best, Jan

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 29 December 2022, 19:49

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

Hi @Brian Turcotte, thanks for your reply, but I would prefer to get support from Klaviyo directly. During the trial period we were in intense touch with your presales colleague which mentioned that for similar cases we can get support from your technical team. Best, Jan

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @jenikk!

Sorry for my delay in responding to this thread - Here’s the Developer portal guide on custom event tracking:

Also, here’s the guide for structuring data for segmentation:

Setting up a custom event involves configuring the _learnq track method as mentioned in the above articles, which is a process that can vary greatly depending on your site’s setup. To that end, if you require more in-depth help with development, you can always reach out to one of our incredible Klaviyo Partners.

Thanks again for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge +1

Hey Brian, thanks for the help.

Yes, we have successfully integrated through the standard Klaviyo plugin and the WooCommerce data is available within Klaviyo for targeting. What is missing so far is the above mentioned data from the WC Custom Checkout Fields plugin. Based on previous discussions with Klaviyo support we have to create some custom event, but here we need more detailed instructions. We want to implement targeting via segments and properties - dimensions if possible.

Thank you very much,
Jan

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @jenikk and welcome to the Community!

Would you be willing to share a little more about your use case (i.e. How you are looking to target, if you already have the Woocommerce integration setup, if you’ve been able to pass any data through to Klaviyo)? This might help myself and other Community members clarify the issue.

For starters, here’s our help center article to Getting started with WooCommerce that details the steps to ensure that the integration is setup properly. Also, here are some other Community posts regarding various issues with Woocommerce data tracking:

I hope this helps, and thanks for using the Community!

-Brian