Solved

Woocommerce - not accepting the correct shop url

• 10 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +2
  • Contributor II
  • 3 replies

Hello,

My woocommerce store is installed mydomain.com/shop, but when I use this URL in the WooCommerce Integrations Store URL, I get this error, “The Klaviyo extension is uninstalled or unavailable.”. However, if I just put the domain, mydomain.com, it finds it, and syncs the history to 75% and then fails. We are using the latest version of wordpress, hosted on siteground. I have disabled all caching and minify in attempts to troubleshoot. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Dov 16 June 2021, 17:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @Jdub,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community.

I would try removing the plug-in completely and re-running through the steps once again: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005255808-How-to-Integrate-with-WooCommerce#overview0 (including generating a new consumer secret and consumer key). If you have the exact same issue after running through these steps (getting stuck at 75%), we can take next steps from there. The store URL should be the same URL customers use to access your site.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

Badge +2

Hi,

I re-synced the history, and it seems to have completed. The woocommerce plugin is now showing green on the integrations tab. I see some past orders, but when I do the activity feed tests, I see nothing coming across. I even completed an entire woocommerce order and I don’t see anything new coming into Klavio. In addition, it won’t take the actual “shop” page. I have my home page, which is domain.com, and then woocommerce’s page is domain.com/shop/. If I put the shop domain in, it  says, “The Klaviyo extension is uninstalled or unavailable.”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Jdub,

Thanks for your reply. Glad to hear the resync worked.

Klaviyo will run an initial sync to capture the last 90 days of data and then we’ll run another full historical sync as soon as the former completes to capture all remaining data. I recommend trying another order now that all of that data has likely finished syncing and let us know if you still do not see orders coming through in real time.

On your second point, the URL in the integration settings should just be your store URL (domain.com) without any additional path specified.

Badge +2

Hi,

I completed the “test” as per the documentation, and still nothing shows on the activity feed for woocommerce > Started Checkout. However, if I complete an entire checkout process, I see the order inside the activity feed under, “Placed Order”. It’s as if only some of the metrics are working for woocommerce.

The URL integration is confusing me, because the root domain, is NOT my store page. My homepage does not sell anything, its a blog. It’s not until you go to /shop, that is my store page. I’m sure its just semantics, but it is confusing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Jdub,

Thanks for your reply.

Is it only the “Started Checkout” metric that is not being recorded? If the issue is occurring for other metics, can you let me know which other ones?

If it is only “Started Checkout” -- this metric is controlled via the WooCommerce plug-in. If you are using other plug-ins, these could be interfering with the Woo plug-in. To test, I recommend disabling any other plug-in you’re using and try logging another “Started Checkout” event.  Additionally, I assume you are using the default Woo checkout and not a 3rd party checkout tool? If you are using a 3rd party checkout tool, that could be another reason why this event is not being recorded. Additionally, I recommend double checking your site that you have our onsite javascript installed on your page:

<script async src='//static.klaviyo.com/onsite/js/klaviyo.js?company_id=ACCOUNT_ID'></script>

Finally, can you verify that you only have one ecommerce integration integrated with your Klaviyo site? When multiple ecommerce integrations are active, the event may be recorded for ecommerce integration A but not ecommerce integration B and vice versa. You should only have one ecommerce integration active with your Klaviyo account at all times.

I hope this helps.

Badge +2

Hello,

It appears the, “Started Checkout”, “Canceled Orders”, and “Refunded Orders” are NOT working. I have a bare bones woocommerce plugin install. The only payment gateway is paypal. I have disabled all woocommerce plugins for testing purposes.

“Ordered Product”, “Fulfilled Order”, and “Placed Order” are working.

In the screenshot below, you can see my e-mail address is entered in, I even go to the next page which forwards me to paypal, and stop.

In this screenshot, you can see my various order types for testing. I have canceled one, refunded one, and completed one. The completed one does show in Klaviyo.

And if I view the source code of the checkout page. I see the Klaviyo code and my public api key. The script is in the footer, if that matters.