Solved

Woocommerce Plugin deactivated

• 3 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

i was able to successfully install the woocommerce integration. The Klaviyo plugin is also activated.

After a couple of days i checked the integration and the plugin was deactivated? Is there a reason for this? I don’t see any integration errors, and data is getting synced without any issues

Thanks,

Lukas

icon

Best answer by David To 4 August 2022, 19:46

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @lumotion,

That’s certainly not an ideal behavior!

Out of curiosity, are you by chance cloning your production site or database at all? Cloning a site or database over will lead to the deactivation of the plugin in production if it were deactivated within the cloned site. This is an expected behavior since the WooCommerce plugin is so tightly coupled with your Klaviyo account which is meant to work on a 1:1 basis. 

Essentially, since both your production site and cloned site/database share the same plugin details associated with your production site’s Public API key/Klaviyo.js, deactivating one of the plugin (from either the production or cloned site) will have a ripple effect that impacts the other sites sharing the same plugin. Because of this, we recommend that you deactivate your production plugin before cloning your site, and then reactivate the production plugin after your clone is complete.

If you weren’t cloning your site or database, I would suggest double checking with your WooCommerce backend to see if there may have been any errors that could have caused the plugin to become deactivated through some other means. Often times, I’ve seen this occur due to some sort of server error that causes a disconnect between the Klaviyo and WooCommerce integration where the integration itself was able to recover; while the plugin may require a manual re-connection. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +3

Hi,

thank you so much. This is exactly what happened.

I will use your suggestions.

Thanks!

Lukas

Badge +3

Hi,

this solution is not working. I tested it today.

Once i deactivate the woocommerce plugin and reactivate after deployment, nothing works.

Forms are not showing up, klaviyo js is not active etc. I had to remove the integration and activate again. Which also meant that my settings on klaviyo side are all gone too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @lumotion,

After deploying and reactivating the plugin did you go through and re-authenticate the WooCommerce integration in Klaviyo again? 

With changes to an integration or its connection, you’ll typically be required to re-authenticate the integration to ensure the connection has been re-established. Fully removing the integration and reconnecting would achieve the same goal. Re-authenticating though would do so without resetting any of the WooCommerce settings you selected in Klaviyo. 

David

Badge +3

Hi,

When i click the re-authentic button its telling me that the integration will be removed. Does that mean my klaviyo settings will also be removed?

for example (set by Klaviyo support)

extra_placed_order_statuses": [
"on-hold",
"pre-ordered",
"pre-order"
],

Thanks

Lukas

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @lumotion,

If clicking the re-authenticate button requests that you actually remove and reconnect the integration, this typically means we’re unable to re-authenticate. We’re able to authenticate your credentials using caches. This means that re-authenticating would fail if:

• You’re not already logged into or on an active WooCommerce session in the same browser
  • If you were logged in, you may not be logged into the correct WooCommerce store 
  • Your WooCommerce username was password no longer match because they were updated recently

As mentioned in our How to disable or remove a Klaviyo-built integration Help Center article, if you fully removed an integration, it will remove all existing Klaviyo settings. This includes those custom order statuses you mentioned and will need to be reapplied by reaching out to our Support colleagues

In the future, I would suggest making sure your credentials matches in order to re-authenticate the integration and apply any integration changes/updates you may have made. This way, you wouldn’t have to go through the entire process of removing and reconnecting.

David