Solved

WooCommerce + Transactional Emails via Klaviyo: Who's doing it? Is it working?

• 10 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hey Friends,

We want to bring our transactional emails (WooCommerce) into the Klaviyo fold. Seems like a good idea for a number of reasons including brand integrity, control over messaging/language, tracking customer data, etc. 

And although Klaviyo Support confirms it’s doable, I wonder if other WooCommerce peeps are doing it...if it’s common practice. 

If you’re on WooCommerce and are sending your transactional emails through Klaviyo...how’s it working out?

If you’ve considered this switch but opted not to make it...Why not? 

Thanks! 

Mike 

icon

Best answer by David To 13 September 2021, 17:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Mike T,

So glad you got this conversation going! 

From my own experience, using Klaviyo to send transactional emails instead of your ecommerce platform is a very common practice!

To get started on using Klaviyo to send your transactional emails instead of WooCommerce, I would suggest taking a look at the Guide to Using Flows to Send Transactional Emails Help Center article. It details and provides guidance on how Klaviyo uses flows to initiate these transactional emails to customers and the approval process on how to get your flow email verified and marked as transactional. 

Other resources I would suggest reviewing are the About Using Event Variables to Personalize Flows and How to Build Dynamic Blocks in a Flow Email articles which would detail how to build your dynamic table block in your transactional emails to highlight information such as the recent product the customer purchased. 

Looking forward to also hearing what our other Community members think on this subject as well! 

David

Badge

Hi, I wanted to try this configuration. I use woocommerce with 2 languages, managed by wpml plugin. Do you have any reviews that the emails arrive in the correct language?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @luigire,

When using Klaviyo with multiple language, you’ll want to be able to identify your customer’s language preference. The most common way to identify this is either asking for it through signup forms or by having that information passed via API. I’ve included some Community posts discussing this subject below to get you started:

That said, you can always review the email a customer is either scheduled to receive or has already received by reviewing the flow email’s Recipient Activity or by looking at an individual profile’s message history which can be found under Messages in the top right corner of any profile. 

David