Solved

Wordpress Multisite Integration

• 23 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

We would like to integrate one of our sites purely as form of lead capture. This site currently does not sell anything. This site is part of a Wordpress multisite. So when we install the Klaviyo plugin we must install it on the network and then activate it on the site dashboard side.

After that we follow the instructions and just after we select a list and hit connect, we are refreshed with the follow error.

Has anyone encountered this before or successfully integrated when using a wordpress multisite? Since the site is not transactional how can I just install Klaviyo so that way we can display forms and pop-ups?

To clarify, our ecommerce sites are not part of the multisites and are their own separate sites. Each has been successfully integrated with Klaviyo on its own.

icon

Best answer by Omar 25 January 2023, 00:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Arwin_S and welcome to the Community!

Do you have WooCommerce installed on this Wordpress site? If you are only using this website to gather leads through a sign up form, then all you really need is to ensure that Klaviyo.js is installed on your site.

If you integrate via the suggested WooCommerce steps, then this would occur automatically. However, if you don’t have WooCommerce installed, you can still accomplish this by manually adding the snippet to your main template:

Just remember to replace PUBLIC_API_KEY with your account’s actual API key, and you should be able to start adding sign up forms to your site once you confirm that the snippet is installed.

I hope this helps, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Userlevel 7
Badge +43

What he said :-) 

If you're not using Woo then just adding the tracking manually would be best.
When using multisite however be careful and aware that in certain cases it might be better to load various Klaviyo accounts and separate them from each other.

Hope this helps,

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Badge +2

Hi @Arwin_S and welcome to the Community!

Do you have WooCommerce installed on this Wordpress site? If you are only using this website to gather leads through a sign up form, then all you really need is to ensure that Klaviyo.js is installed on your site.

If you integrate via the suggested WooCommerce steps, then this would occur automatically. However, if you don’t have WooCommerce installed, you can still accomplish this by manually adding the snippet to your main template:

Just remember to replace PUBLIC_API_KEY with your account’s actual API key, and you should be able to start adding sign up forms to your site once you confirm that the snippet is installed.

I hope this helps, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

I ended up using this approach and it worked. However now that I am looking at this there are two sites on the WooCommerce multisite that we would like to eventually move over to Klaviyo. Each of those sites are an ecommerce site so we will be leveraging WooCommerce.