Solved

Zapier Active on Site

• 29 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to add an “Active on Site” event using a webhook, zapier and Klaviyo. However the action in Klaviyo does not allow a time stamp value, in addition instead of adding it to the Active on Site metric, it creates a new metric as if I am creating a custom one.

In addition the “Active on Site” count is not updated on the profile.

However the Zapier action only allows you to select one of the following metrics:

• Active on Site
  • Viewed Product

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 8 February 2023, 16:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @debnajm and welcome to the Community!

Just to clarify, are you saying that there are two separate “Active on Site” metrics appearing in Klaviyo? If so, would you mind sharing a screenshot of your Metrics dashboard in Analytics > Metrics to show this (with any sensitive information redacted)?

If the metrics are actually coming through, then your integration’s onsite tracking is probably installed correctly. However, this integration is actually created by Zapier (not native to Klaviyo), so if the issue is pertaining to the data that is being sent from Zapier into Klaviyo, it would most likely be remedied from Zapier’s side. To that end, it might be more effective to reach out to their support regarding this issue, since the code is owned by them.

Additionally, you can always reach out to one of our wonderful Official Partners for further development help.

Thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge +1

Hi Brian,

Yes, 2 separate metrics. I attached the screenshot again...

The ones coming from Zapier are the bottom one, and they don’t actually go into the profile metrics of “Active on Site” like the ones on the top do.

Zapier manages the code for the integration? I will reach to them if that is the case...I thought software vendors provided them with the integrations…

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @debnajm!

That’s right, the Zapier integration is developed and support by Zapier as mentioned here in our Klaviyo Connect Integrations Directory:

All Klaviyo-built (or "native") integrations have “Getting Started” documentation on our Help Center, while third party integrations do not. You can find integration guides for Klaviyo's native integrations in the Ecommerce Integrations or Other Data Integrations sections.

Integrations like Zapier are built by the third-party vendors using our APIs, so reaching out to them to determine the structure of the incoming metrics is probably the best course of action in this case.

I hope this helps to clarify, and thanks again for using the Community!

- Brian