Growth Success AMA - Sept 15th 2022

• 15 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Today the Growth Team held an “Ask Us Anything” session to help answer some burning questions from Klaviyo users just like you. We included some pre-submitted questions as well as some that were asked by attendees. Answers to all submitted questions that were not answered live can be found at the bottom of this post.

A recording of the session will be added as a comment/reply once it has finished rendering. 

Have a question and want a chance to have it included in a future growth AMA? Submit your question here

How do I get rid of the image download icon in gmail? What is the best way to send surveys? I don't know what other kinds of email flows I should be doing. Are there examples out there?

• The image download icon is on the side of Gmail, if there is an image in an email the customer has the option to download it, its not something that Klaviyo directly controls. There are plenty of ways to send surveys, google forms is a free, simple to use ui or there are also paid options like typeform which syncs with Klaviyo. You may be able to get creative with Klaviyo sign up forms as well.

How do I split my list via sign up on my website? I want to be able to send different content depending on what they sign up for.

• One simple way to accomplish this is to assign a custom property to your sign up form. Give customers the opportunity to select what they want to sign up for, have that create the property then segment by that property. 

How to set up email segments?

How do we get growth on email marketing when we don't have a big budget?

• Growth in your email list is primarily driven by 2 things, sign up rate and total site traffic. To influence sign up rate we recommend using pop up forms over embeds or fly outs and if you do not have an incentive at sign up I would recommend adding one. To drive site traffic make sure your social media channels are up to date and active to drive engagement, you may also consider using referral programs or incentivizing gift giving to broaden your audience using existing customers. Things like contests or other promotional events are a great way to use your existing audience to help you grow.

How can brands be more strategic about total revenue growth and not just email channel growth, while still using first and zero party data as a main lever in the strategy? Looking for KPIs that best indicate growth and opportunities to scale as well as general tactics.

• Total revenue growth will be influenced by all of your marketing channels, so while email will contribute to the bottom line, ensuring you are active on social media is another example of a marketing channel that can help influence total sales. Ultimately finding new ways to demonstrate and provide increasing value to customers is what will drive revenue performance. Collecting reviews and testimonials and other user generated content is a great way to enable future marketing efforts as well. KPIs to monitor for email specifically would be revenue per recipient and placed order rate, more generally average cart size and average order value will be what drives increases in revenue. How many people are buying, how many items are they buying, how much are they spending, etc.

How can we improve our results without increasing our unsubscribes? 

• Increases in email sending are likely to cause a bump in unsubscribes, unfortunately. However to mitigate the risk you may consider making changes more gradually, AB testing things to see the potential impact before sending to larger audiences etc. Additionally personalization of emails and segmentation can help to drive better engagement and lower the chances of an unsubscribe. 

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +8