[Interactive workshop] Convert existing email subscribers to SMS

• 22 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Whether you were able to attend our live session or not, you can find a replay of the session below! This session will help you convert your email subscribers to SMS. 

Did you know that Klaviyo offers SMS? Thus, you can create the perfect omni-channel experience for your existing email subscribers. Get the most out of our powerful tools (segments, signup forms, discounts codes) to identify, target, and convert these contacts to SMS subscribers.

Here are some resources to help take you:

If you want to learn more,

If you want to go the extra mile,

Did you pick up new ideas in this session? Did you convert email subscribers to SMS, since? 

Let us know what’s your next step in the comment section! 

3 replies

Badge

Thank you. I’ve watched and rewatched. So much great info! I think I’m all set up now <3

Badge

When subscribers "Tap to Send Text" from the mobile only pop up form, how do they receive their 15% off coupon?

Also, where do we get the 5 digit number that people can text our code word to? I only see an 800 number

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

When subscribers "Tap to Send Text" from the mobile only pop up form, how do they receive their 15% off coupon?

Also, where do we get the 5 digit number that people can text our code word to? I only see an 800 number

• Hi Danielle, thanks for your question. Happy to assist. 

Once someone signs up to SMS, it will create an event “Consented to receive SMS” on their profile. This event is used to trigger a SMS Welcome Series.  You can include a coupon code in your message, whether it’s a unique or static code. Check this article to start. For more details about how to build a Welcome Series, feel free to watch the replay and / or check the tutorial I linked above. 

In the training I was using a mock short code number: 88229. This is a phone number type that is available in Klaviyo, though, alongside other phone number types.
    If you want to know more about different types of phone number for the US and Canada, check this page. If you want to compare the different phone numbers for the UK and Australia, check that page
    Keep in mind that you can use any type of phone number in the email banner (except for a branded sender ID).

Kindest regards,

Nicolas.