Solved

Klaviyo Partners | How to get credit for clients?

• 7 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hey there, 

we are a Klaviyo Partner for a couple of weeks now. Luckily, we get more and more of our Shopify agency clients to go for Klaviyo. However, we are still a little unsure about how to get credit for clients. I understand that there are three ways to get credit: 

#1. Customers sign up via the referral link.

#2. We create a lead in our Klaviyo Partners Account 

#3. We add a managed account in our Klaviyo Partners Account

Regarding #1.   

a) Where do I find our referral link? When I use the button in Klaviyo Partner Dashboard it leads me to a separate Landing Page of Klaviyo (see attachment).

Regarding #2.   

a) Does the customer have to sign up for Klaviyo by himself, or is it possible that we create an account for the customer and invite him afterwards (preferred way)?

b) Does the customer have to use the exact same email address that we state in Klaviyo’s lead registration form?

c) If we can create the account for the customer, do we have to use the email address connected to our Klaviyo Partners Account?

d) How does Klaviyo match accounts to us as a partner? Via customers’ or our email addresses?

Regarding #3.

This looks straightforward to me.    

On another note: Our agency consists of three people. Is it possible that everybody gets access to the Klaviyo Partners Backend via their own e-mail address?

Thanks for your help 

icon

Best answer by Paul S 7 December 2021, 17:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @NextLevel 

Regarding #1.   

a) Where do I find our referral link? When I use the button in Klaviyo Partner Dashboard it leads me to a separate Landing Page of Klaviyo (see attachment).

The referral link specific to your partner account is the URL of the separate landing page of Klaviyo that you referred to. 

Regarding #2.   

a) Does the customer have to sign up for Klaviyo by himself, or is it possible that we create an account for the customer and invite him afterwards (preferred way)?

This is at your discretion. If the customer wants to create the account themselves, provide them with the URL link referred to above and have them click on “Get Started” to start setting up their account.

If you would prefer to create the account for them and transfer ownership after the account has been created/set up, you can create the account just as a customer would from that URL page we mentioned.

b) Does the customer have to use the exact same email address that we state in Klaviyo’s lead registration form?

The customer does not have to use the exact same email address that you used in the lead registration form, just make sure that the business’ website URL is the same. 

c) If we can create the account for the customer, do we have to use the email address connected to our Klaviyo Partners Account?

Whatever email address you choose to use is fine as long as you’re using your affiliate linked page to create the account. 

d) How does Klaviyo match accounts to us as a partner? Via customers’ or our email addresses?

The hope is that you’ve registered the lead in the portal and then used your affiliate link to create the account but we do on occasion search using the partner’s email address if we don’t have any other prior records. 

Regarding #3.

This looks straightforward to me.    

There is additional information in the Managed Customer section if you click on Managed Customer Guide. Please allow for a day to pass to check to see if the submission is showing up as active or pending.

On another note: Our agency consists of three people. Is it possible that everybody gets access to the Klaviyo Partners Backend via their own e-mail address?

As many team members as you would like are able to request access to the Partner portal as long as the domain’s match what the portal is looking for.

Hope that all helps! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Paul S

Thanks for taking the time to answer. That's making a lot of things clear. 

How do my team members request access to the Partner Portal? Do we share the same Partner Portal, then, or does everybody have their own?

Best

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@NextLevel, it will be the same partner portal used across your organization but each user can create their own login to that portal. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@NextLevel, it will be the same partner portal used across your organization but each user can create their own login to that portal. 

Hey @Paul S,

how do they create logins? Via the sign-up form for Klaviyo Partners or somewhere within our existing Partner Account? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@NextLevel, yes have them use that “Request An Account” link and they can then enter in their email and password. They should receive an automated email to confirm/verify and they should be all set! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@NextLevel, yes have them use that “Request An Account” link and they can then enter in their email and password. They should receive an automated email to confirm/verify and they should be all set! 

Perfect, that worked! 

Have a good one!