Recap discussion: [Strategy session] Design a custom segmentation strategy for your business (entrepreneurs)

• 15 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

This post contains resources related to our live training [Strategy session] Design a custom segmentation strategy for your business (entrepreneurs) which will take place on Tuesday, May 15th, at 10AM ET/3PM BST. You can register to attend this training live if you haven’t already done so!

Session recording

The recording of this session will be available here after it takes place. 

During this session, we:

• Review the importance of segmentation and the different ways you can use segments
  • Explore different segmentation criteria based on common business goals
  • Learn a framework to design the right segmentation strategy for your business

Worksheet

Make a copy of the worksheet:

Key takeaways from the training 

• Segmenting your customer base enables you to deliver better experiences for customers and achieve a higher marketing ROI.
  • A good segmentation strategy takes into account your business goals and stage of development.
  • Identify immediate next steps as well as think about the long-term vision. 
  • Continue monitoring your segments and refine your strategy as your business evolves.

Additional learning resources

2 replies

Thanks for sharing the recording. Just a few questions on the webinar:

1. You had a slide around Shopify linking with Klaviyo. My business is using Shopify, how do I import my contacts form Shopify to Klaviyo, and vice versa?
  2. On Klaviyo, I see there is one customer subscribed to my newsletter through the signup forms. However, when I view customers and view email subscribers on my Shopify store, I only see 2 customers, which are not the customers from Klaviyo. Why is there a descrepancy?
  3. Do you have other previous recorded trainings for entrepreneurs starting out? Please provide a link to this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @PlusLongevity,

Glad you enjoyed the webinar!

If you haven’t already, I would suggest taking a look through our Getting started with Shopify and How to sync fields from Klaviyo to Shopify Help Center articles. To answer your first two questions, I would suggest making sure you have enabled both the Sync data from Shopify and Sync data to Shopify integration settings. By default, contacts/profiles are synced to Klaviyo automatically. However, only with these two settings enabled will data be synced to a Klaviyo list back to Shopify from Klaviyo. 

For entrepreneurs just starting out, I would highly encourage you to take a look through our Learning with Klaviyo category in our Community. Here, you’ll find recordings and discussions on past live training sessions and webinars. You can also take a look at future training sessions and register for them here

No matter if you’re a beginner or someone just looking to brush up on your Klaviyo knowledge, I always recommend taking our Klaviyo Acaedmy courses. You’ll learn not only fundamentals of using Klaviyo, but also strategies and tactics you can apply to your own account. 

I hope this helps!

David