Using user-generated content to increase brand awareness [Live Training]

• 27 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
  • Klaviyo Employee
  • 3 replies

The secret sauce to successful marketing strategies is the use of user-generated content. Many consumers want to hear from peers, family and friends - not from brands as they make purchasing decisions. On average 79% of consumers said purchasing decisions were influenced by user-generated content. Naturally for brands, the question remains, “how do we get consumers to share content”?

In this session we answer this and much more:

• Why user-generated content is important
  • Examples of user-generated content 
  • Social commerce

For me, understanding how to utilize user-generated content with social commerce is the key. Social commerce isn’t talked about as much as ecommerce, but I think it’s the next major revenue stream for brands that are looking to create better customer experiences. 

Platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Tiktok and Twitter are now allowing users to buy from brands directly in app vs clicking through to a brands website, where a lot can go wrong. 

There’s so much that can be done with user-generated content and through this session and the resources below:

A big ask from attendees of the above session was to see examples of small brands utilizing UGC. For that I’m asking Klaviyo community members to drop your favorite examples in this thread! 

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Shout out to Thomas for requesting this.

Here is a list of the top UGC platforms I like that integrate with Klaviyo. Obviously you don't have to use them, but I personally prefer using apps that integrate into my main platform, so I'm not jumping from app to app - streamlining my workflow. Your tech stack can make or break you.

UGC Platforms

• Yotpo - Yotpo's eCommerce marketing platform offers the most advanced solutions for customer reviews, visual marketing, loyalty and referrals.
  • Foursixty - Turn your Instagram content and UGC into shoppable galleries for your online store and other channels, track creators and gifting programs, secure the rights to UGC, and get advanced Instagram insights and analytics.
  • Pixlee - Recently merged with Turnto, who was another top UGC, digital ad platform. 
  • Okendo - 3,000+ high-growth Shopify retailers use Okendo to build shopper trust and excitement, showcase customer experiences and compel buying action.
  • Flowbox - Flowbox gives you the tools to collect images and videos produced by your customers into your marketing and create a winning shopping experience. Bring commerce to all of your channels – email, blog, product pages, social networks, ads and more.

We're always working to expand our partnership ecosystem, so if there's a UGC platform you love let us know!