• 27 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Alright….

Hello…

So here’s the issue

I was attempting some list cleanup. Simple ordinary stuff yeah

Well anyways, I was deleting profiles in the Suppressed List

and what I didn’t find out until I was done shocked me…..

All those profiles I deleted...actually RESUBSCRIBED the unsubscribed suppressed profiles…..

essentially all of the unsubscribed profiles are now re-subscribed…..

Any solutions?

icon

Best answer by Dov 28 April 2021, 17:28

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @spacewater,

Thank you for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community.

Yes, unfortunately clicking “delete” next to an email address under the Suppression List will re-subscribe the profile. My recommendation is to create an unengaged segment and bulk-suppress this group. It is likely that a lot of the users who were previously suppressed will fall under this category and this will re-suppress them. If you want to be extra diligent, you can add another portion to this segment definition AND “has unsubscribed at least once over all time” OR “has unsubscribed from list at least once over all time” and bulk suppress. Adding this criteria will also bulk suppress folks who have unsubscribed in the past. Using this additional criteria comes with the risk of potentially suppressing folks who unsubscribed and subsequently resubscribed on their own, however, it will also re-suppress folks who were manually removed from the suppression list via your actions, if they had unsubscribed in the past. If you manually resubscribed many profiles, you’ll likely to capture more folks in the bulk-suppression from the latter category which will work to your benefit.

Thanks and have a great day.