Solved

Automate subscribers joining lists

• 19 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi guys. I have made four new welcome flows which are variations of my main welcome flow. I did this so that I can track where people of coming from (ie Insta sign up, colab signups). These subscribers then join a list just for that sign up and flow but as they come to the end I want to add them to my main newsletter list. 

is there an automated way to set this up plus a way to then stop them receiving another welcome flow when they join my newsletter list? 

I have seen on here ppl suggest downloading CSVs etc but that seems like a lot of additional handling to me. 

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 19 July 2022, 19:57

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @DGreef,

Thanks for sharing to the Community.

The easiest way to combine two or more lists is to build a segment that grabs contacts from the desired lists.
Alternatively, you can export one of the desired lists and then re-add it directly into your other list. Once you do this, you can delete the first list completely, since all of the contacts will now be in your new combined list. Just remember to switch the list ID of any signup forms connected to the old list.

The most common use for using a segment is when you have one primary newsletter list, but then create lead magnets on your site to encourage more signups by offering incentives. A single person can only subscribe to a given list once. This means if someone already on your newsletter list is interested in the incentive you're offering through a separate lead magnet, they will not be able to opt-in again if this lead magnet is also linked to the same newsletter list.
When you create different lists for each lead magnet, however, you will likely want to combine all of these different subscriber lists so that you can send your regular newsletter communications to your entire subscriber base. This is when we recommend using a master segment. The following image shows an example of this:
2018-08-10_11-51-24.png
Be sure to use "OR" connectors to grab contacts from any of the desired lists. 

We also have a help center article detailing why it is beneficial to have one main list.

Hope that helped,

Alex