Solved

bulk update profile though api

• 6 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

bulk update profile though api is possible?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 6 April 2022, 21:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @MayankShoree,

Welcome to the Community!

The Klaviyo API Identify endpoint only allows for updates of one profile at a time - the idea here would be to use a loop to make multiple calls. This is the method I would recommend using.

Still, if you would like to bulk update profiles, there exists our List API V2, specifically the POST https://a.klaviyo.com/api/v2/list/{LIST_ID}/members endpoint

This endpoint is meant to add profiles to a list without subscribing them - but we can use the same endpoint to update properties for profiles that may already exist in the list.

For example, in a test list of mine I had cstestklaviyo@gmail.com and cstestklaviyo@outlook.com as members. Yet, I could make the following call to add "test_property" as a property with values of "valueA" and "valueB" respectively:

​​?name=Screen+Shot+2020-08-11+at+5.46.12+PM.png​​

This led to the property being created on the profile:

?name=Screen+Shot+2020-08-11+at+5.48.30+PM.png

If the property already exists, this endpoint will update the value as well.

Hope that helped,

Alex

Badge

Hi all!

I have a follow-up question. In the latest version (v2023-02-22), I don’t see the same endpoint allowing us to update properties for profiles (https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/reference/create_list_relationships). Is there any workaround in the current version other than using the endpoint in v2 that you provided above? If there are no other options, and we must use v1-2, since it’s a legacy one, can anyone provide us a timeline on when this will sunset?
Thanks all for your help in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @newuser2!

I noticed that you also posted this question in another thread which I just answered, so for the sake of visibility and organization, I’m going to link to that here:

Thanks for using the Community!

- Brian