Solved

Can I Update Several User Profiles Locations At A Time?

• 13 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi there, 

We uploaded profiles without a city, province or country to Klaviyo. We have since deleted the lists they were in and they are now a part of our master list. Is there a way to bulk these profiles and add their location? 

Can we simply re-upload our CSV file, and will Klaviyo add to the already existing profiles, or will it create new ones?

Hope someone can help!

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 14 October 2021, 06:11

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Thank you so much! I went in and added the City, Country and Province in manually...which was really time consuming. I really appreciate this and will do this next time if this ever happens again (which I hope won’t) haha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @EmpoweringWomen 

Thank you so much for asking the Klaviyo Community about adding profile properties to existing profiles. Happy to help!

The quickest and easiest way to add profile properties is what you said, uploading a CSV file with the property you want to add, in your case the City where the customer is from. A couple things to remember when checking the formatting of the CSV, the first column must be titled email with their correct email address. Doing so will not duplicate profiles, just add the property that is missing. Next you want to make sure the column for City matches what the existing property title is exactly (i.e. capitalization and spelling) so all profiles contain the same information and not City/city

Also check out this other community post about batch updating profile properties. 

Hope this helps get you on the right track! Thank you so much for being part of the Klaviyo Community!