Solved

Conditional Split Specific Email Open

Badge +3

I'm looking to add a conditional split to one of my flows.

Essentially, we are sending 4 emails over 1 month. After 30 days they hit the conditional split. I'm looking to have anyone who has opened one of those 4 emails continue on the flow and anyone who has NOT opened one of those 4 emails to be split onto a separate branch.

However, when I go to make the trigger, it is just a generic "Opened Email at least once in the last 30 days". 

There is a filter option, but when I select it and go to choose my property it says there are no items on this list.

I found this article on segments where it's mentioned that you can build segments off who opened a specific email. However, I don't know how to do this.

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005061447-Introduction-to-Segments-in-Klaviyo#what-is-a-segment-1

Can you help?

icon

Best answer by elisegaines 1 June 2021, 21:00

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hey @Peyton! It sounds like you’re on the right track -- using that additional filters option is the best way to specify which emails the split should look at. Your conditional split rule should look like this, but with the name of your flow in the blank: 

That said, you won’t be able to select the name of your flow in that field until at least one person has received and opened a message from that flow. This is because the options populate based on past activity. So, as soon as someone opens a message from that flow, you’ll be able to build the split you’re envisioning! 

Badge +3

“you won’t be able to select the name of your flow in that field until at least one person has received and opened a message from that flow. This is because the options populate based on past activity.”

This is the EXACT response I needed. Thank you so much! Glad to know I was in the right place and just need to be patient. I’ll obviously need to wait to test this out, but since it’s a 30 day flow, I should simply be able to wait for one entry and then establish the split conditions throughout.

Thank you,

Peyton

Badge +3

Apologies, quick follow up, what do you put in the equals box? Or should that be left empty?

NVM --- I now understand. 

The drop down needs to say flow and the name of the flow goes in “Equals”

I can’t delete this, so please disregard.

Badge +1

Does anyone know if it’s possible to specify a specific email inside a flow rather than the whole flow that can contain multiple emails?

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @dcrobertshaw,

Thank you for your question.

Yes this is entirely possible! In your filter, select “Message” or “Subject”. Just keep in mind somebody would have to have performed the action for that email i.e. Opened that email (in the example below) in order for the message name or subject line to appear as an option.

Thanks for being a member of our community.

Badge

What do I put in the message field? Is it the specific email name? ...like “Email #2”. Would it only scan for the message name in that particular flow? Because some of the other emails in other flows may have the same name.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Harcharan,

Thanks for sharing this with us.

It would not exclusively scan for message names in that flow, it would indeed scan for message names across all flows. If you encounter the issue of having duplicate messages names, you can resolve by using the message id in the “equals” field. The message id is an alphanumeric code which is unique to each flow email. Our friend at Retention explains how to use the message ID in more detail in the thread below:

The same idea can be used in your conditional split filter.

Thanks for being a community member

Badge

i want to set up conditional slpit in case they open email within 24 hours, the email will be sent. If they don’t open the email within 24 hours, we will sent them the next email. Do you know to do that.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @lisa11203915,

I believe what you’re trying to accomplish can be done simply by merging/joining the flow branch back into the main branch. Similar to the example screenshot below. This is also described in our How to rejoin and disconnect a flow split Help Center article. 

Alternatively, instead of a conditional split, you could just use an additional filter on the email you want users who have opened an email in the last 24 hours to receive. To learn more about this, I would encourage you to take a look through our How to add an additional filter to a single flow email article. 

David

Badge

"My product requires sending a sample design to the customer after they place an order for them to review and make edits. Is there any direct 'variable event' that can send our trial product into an email? We design the sample product using an external web, so each time there's a design, we have to manually send it to each customer.

P.s. I noticed a new feature called "webhook". What can I do with it?

Thank you very much."

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @lisa11203915,

I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to. Klaviyo’s template editor supports writing logic statements for a wide variety of use cases such as showing or hiding certain blocks, elements, etc. 

If you haven’t already, I would recommend checking out our many Help Center articles on using our template editor from our Templates article directory

Webhooks allow you to send information from Klaviyo to your third-party tool or application. You can learn more about this feature from our Understanding webhooks in flows Help Center article. 

David