Solved

Help Creating a Segment

• 31 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi everyone! Seeking assistance with creating a dynamic list on Klaviyo and would like to tap into all of your collective knowhow.

So here is what I am trying to accomplish. 

I would like to create a dynamic list with the following criteria:

1. Order Date is between 7-14 days (so 1 week after purchase)
2. Order status is unfulfilled

The idea is to create a campaign which would be able to send automated emails to customers that have unfulfilled orders between 7-14 days. Then we would create another campaign which would send automated emails to customers with unfulfilled orders between 14-21 days, etc. 

New here to Klaviyo and just getting the hang of things, so any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Have a good day!

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 31 March 2022, 08:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@JamesAmpere 

From what you explained you need a Segment because there are no Dynamic lists in klaviyo.

I would advise this definitions setup:

• placed order at least once in the last 14 days
  • placed order zero times in the last 7 days
  • fulfiled order zero times in the last 14 days

And then you can clone this segment change the name and just change the days to:

• placed order at least once in the last 21 days
  • placed order zero times in the last 14 days
  • fulfiled order zero times in the last 21 days
Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Thanks for your question @JamesAmpere and welcome to Klaviyo! We’re thrilled to have you onboard. And thank you @Bobi N. for putting together those segment definitions.

@JamesAmpere, you pose a great question and I think it’s worth clarifying a few things.

As Bobi points out, in Klaviyo, a dynamic list is the equivalent of what we’d call a segment. In a nutshell, segments are defined by a set of conditions i.e. placed order in the last X amount of days (and typically are followed by subsequent conditions). Lists, on the other hand, are static and will only grow or shrink as people either subscribe or unsubscribe. I recommend having a look at our article here that describes the differences between segments and lists in greater detail.

I also recommend having a look at our articles on flows and campaigns. Typically if you’re looking to automate a process, a flow should be used rather than a campaign. Fundamentally, this is because campaigns are designed for one-time sending to a pre-established target group of contacts, like a regular newsletter.

When you’re deciding which sending medium to use, think about if you want this to be an automated process or a one-off (or two-off) send. I recommend looking into the flow triggers used to trigger a flow as well.

I hope that’s helpful!

Badge +1

Thank you @Bobi N. and @Dov! Great tips and help all around. I actually meant to say segment but typed list for some reason, sorry for the confusion.