Solved

How can I remove someone from a segment who has cancelled an order?

• 12 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

We have a segment that is for folks who purchase a specific product. If they cancel the order, can we remove them from this segment?

icon

Best answer by Dov 12 August 2021, 16:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @Jennieliz,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community.

Since segments are dynamic and will update automatically according to the criteria that define them, your best bet is to add another criteria to your segment using an “AND” separator: What somebody has done > cancelled order zero times (over all time) where *Items = (name of item).

Baking this criteria into your segment will ensure that if the user cancels the order for this item, they will automatically be removed from the segment.

*Note that the term for item name(s) will differ depending on your integration. For example, for Shopify the segment reads “Items” where as for WooCommerce it reads “ItemsNames”.

I hope this is helpful!

Badge +2

This was VERY helpful! It’s nice to know I was at least on the right track in my thinking. Thank you SO much for your response.

I presume it’s too late to remove someone whose cancellation/refund has already occured prior to updating the segment… If so, at least I know for the next segment we build. :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Jennieliz,

Thank you for your reply. I am very glad this helped clarify things for you.

As long as you use “over all time” in the segment definition, the segment will be able to pick-up users who had cancellations for this particular item in the past and filter them out of the segment. You can adjust this portion of the segment definition to only review a certain time-frame i.e. in the last 7 days, if you wish. I recommend looking through the different time-based options that the segment builder has to offer!

Thanks for being a member of our Community.

Badge +2

@Dov I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your help!!!