Solved

How Can You Add People to a specific list ?

• 22 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello, so from my understanding, klaviyo uses shopify’s built in email list to manage the people you are going to email. 

But say I want to run a special promotion with specific people, and if I add them to a list, won’t they just get bundled together with all the other emails ? Is there a way to tell klaviyo to only email specific people that opted in from a specific page only ? and have a flow based on that ? 

icon

Best answer by David To 22 April 2021, 16:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@willy11 

Why don’t you upload them in a separate list? that way you will know exactly who this people are. Or if you want to have them in the main list maybe upload to the main but also upload to the separate list.. this way you can always filter them buy the other list that is just for these people..

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Great insight @Bobi N., love the strategy!

@willy11, adding to what Bobi had highlighted, you can manually import these contacts to a separate list to serve a specific flow experience or send a campaign email to. 

If you wanted to serve a flow experience to these pre-selected customers, you can create a new Klaviyo List, create and customize your new List Triggered Flow, and once the flow has been finalized and the Flow Emails Set Live, you can then import your desired group of recipients to this list to trigger this flow. Customers imported to this list would then immediately be queued up and served this flow experience so be sure to make sure it is down pat. As a note, you can test this flow experience before serving to your customers by queue your own test profile by adding your own email to this list to go through the flow. 

In the event this was for a campaign send, similar to the above strategy, once you have imported your desired contacts to a list, you can then select this list as your desired Recipient group to send the promotional email to. 

Let us know how this works out!

-David