Solved

How do I connect Klaviyo with Facebook lead ads through Zapier using custom properties?

• 11 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

We are using Facebook leads ads to collect leads, and we are trying to connect Klaviyo and Facebook lead ads through Zapier. 

How do I choose custom properties, that are created in Klaviyo, in Zapier?

Does anyone have a guide on the setup?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Dov 11 April 2022, 23:06

View original

5 replies

Badge

I am experiencing the problem with the integration of klavyio. 
Everything is connected on both facebook and klavyio but once a user has filled out the form I cannot find him/her in the designated klavyio list. I don't know how to do this. 

Everything is ok with the integration on klavyio and as CRM connected with facebook ads

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Maria_DK,

Thanks for sharing this with the community.

In case you weren’t aware, Klaviyo has a direct integration with Facebook (including logging lead ad information and syncing custom audiences). That will make the integration process much more seamless. I recommend checking out how to set that up here.

If you wish to pursue the Zapier solution, I recommend reaching out to Zapier to better understand how to select specific custom properties on their end.

I hope that’s helpful and thanks for being a member of our community. 

Badge +2

Thank you! Our client prefers using Zapier, so that’s why we’r not using Klaviyos direct integration. 

We partially resolved the issue yesterday, but we are still experiencing an error message when trying to sync fb audiences with Klaviyo. 

I hope this guide helps :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

Hi @Mokaroma,

Thanks for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community. I’m happy to help!

There are a few things you’ll want to review:

1. Only Facebook users with admin permissions will be able to manage lead ads and custom audiences (double check your Facebook permissions to ensure you are an Admin).
  2. You’ll want to double check your lead ad integration settings. Make sure you have the lead ad selected, the correct Klaviyo list set, and have the subscription status set to “Subscribe to email” or “Subscribe to SMS” depending on what you are collecting through the lead ad (email or phone number).
  1. You will not be able to collect both email and phone number consent in a single lead ad form. Make sure you are not attempting to do this. 
  2. Check if you have double opt-in enabled for the Klaviyo list that you are routing these lead ad subscribers to. If you have double opt-in enabled, the individual will receive double opt-in messaging before they are added to the list and that this messaging could take up to an hour to send. 

Hope this helps!

Julie

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Maria_DK,

Thanks for the update!

Please let us know if that thread helped you resolve your issue. If not, if you can share a screenshot of the error you are receiving we can have a closer look.