Solved

How to schedule segments to be exported automatically?

• 19 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I’ve created about 10 segments for my marketing team to get an idea of the count (no. of students) in each specified segments.  They want to be able to pull this  data on a quarterly basis and I was wondering if there are any suggestions for exporting this data automatically (even if it needs to integrate with another tool)?  I want to create a dashboard or a dynamic report of sorts that the team can pull or receive an email with the data updates without them having to go in and search for the data or a lot of manual steps.  

Since multiple people use the system, I’ve organized my segments with tags.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to automate segment data?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by David To 21 June 2022, 15:59

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @PC Sanders,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

I’ll leave it to other Community members to see if they can provide any additional suggestions on a third-party tool.

Natively within Klaviyo however, you can leverage the https://a.klaviyo.com/api/v2/group/{list_or_segment_id}/members/all endpoint to get more details from a list or segment via our API. You can find an example of this from our Get List and Segment Members API Reference within our Developer’s Portal. Depending on how tech savvy you were, you could create a script as a means to hit this endpoint on a period cadence when you need that data exported. 

One limitation of this endpoint that I will point out is the inability to get the counts of members in the list or segment as my colleague @Dov pointed out in the Community post below:

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +1

Hello @PC Sanders,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

I’ll leave it to other Community members to see if they can provide any additional suggestions on a third-party tool.

Natively within Klaviyo however, you can leverage the https://a.klaviyo.com/api/v2/group/{list_or_segment_id}/members/all endpoint to get more details from a list or segment via our API. You can find an example of this from our Get List and Segment Members API Reference within our Developer’s Portal. Depending on how tech savvy you were, you could create a script as a means to hit this endpoint on a period cadence when you need that data exported. 

One limitation of this endpoint that I will point out is the inability to get the counts of members in the list or segment as my colleague @Dov pointed out in the Community post below:

I hope this helps!

David

Hi David!

Thanks so much for your response.  I would have to look into that as it may be a bit out of my scope of knowledge, but sure worth a try.  Thank you for sharing.

Christina