Solved

Importing contact list didn't succeed

• 5 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +2
  • Active Contributor I
  • 16 replies

Hi,

I exported a Klaviyo list to csv, then deleted all emails/accounts which hadn’t accept emailmarketing. After that, I tried to import the csv file again in Klaviyo to a new list, but Klaviyo said the e-mails were invalid. 

Does someone know how to fix this?

Artur

icon

Best answer by David To 7 September 2021, 16:06

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Artur,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

It would be really helpful if you can provide more details such as the error message you are receiving or the list import failure error. @Julia.LiMarzi actually has a great list import troubleshooting guide you can find in the Community post below:

Since it sounds like your intent was to remove all contacts who did not accept email marketing prior to uploading to a new list, can you confirm if you are making these changes to the same .CSV file you originally exported from Klaviyo? If so, did you happen to also remove and delete the now blank rows of the contacts you deleted? Blank rows within the .CSV would cause Klaviyo to be unable to recognize these blank email fields. 

I would also suggest copy and pasting all of the remaining data into a new .CSV without any of the additional formatting by using the Ctrl+Shift+V instead of Ctrl+V when pasting. If you’re using a Mac, you would use Option+Shift+Command+V commands. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +2

Hi David,

Thank you for your message.

I do think I have found the problem, but I don’t know how to fix it.

It looks like that when importing the file to Klaviyo, all info comes in 1 field instead of 4 fields. 

What do you think is best to do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Artur,

Since it seems like all the data is being recognized as a single property and field as opposed to individual property and fields, i would suggest manually copying and pasting the data from one spreadsheet to a new one. To do so, I would recommend copying one column at a time to the new spreadsheet, ensuring the header and the following column data are accurate. All the while, i would suggest copy and pasting without formatting from the old spreadsheet to the new one to create a new file. 

Have a great day!

David

Badge +2

Ha David, I just don’t get it fixed. What can the problem be?

Badge +2

I also exported another klaviyo list, deleted all not subscribers and tried to import it back, but I am getting the same problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Artur,

This seems like something is causing the columns to break after you’ve edited. I would recommend following the suggestion in my previous comment of manually copy the data one column at a time to be pasted in a new .CSV without any formatting. Doing so manually one at a time will ensure your columns are aligned. 

Some resources that may also help you can be found in the following Help Center articles which go over on how to import a list to Klaviyo:

David