Solved

Link to subscribe?

• 20 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

I have a “sign up to our newsletter” button on our website. I built the form with HTML. How do I link the “subscribe” button to have people brought into my Klaviyo List?

icon

Best answer by retention 20 March 2023, 22:27

View original

4 replies

Badge +4

@retention, would you be able to note the things in the script you provided that I need to fill in? As someone who doesn’t write code, your instructions might as well have been given in a foreign language

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Maxwell,

A List_ID would not be the same as a list name. I would recommend taking a look at our How to find a list ID Help Center article on how to find this. 

David

Badge +4

How do I find my List_ID? Do I just put in the name of the list? Is that the only place I need to update the form with my personal content?

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @Maxwell, welcome to the community!

If you want to link an existing HTML Form to a Klaviyo List, you can use these form properties in your form code to direct subscribers to your specified List:

<form id="email_signup" action="//manage.kmail-lists.com/subscriptions/subscribe" method="POST">
  <input type="hidden" name="g" value="LIST_ID_HERE">
  <input type="email" value="" name="email" id="k_id_email" placeholder="Your email" />
  OTHER_FORM_CONTENT_HERE
  <button type="submit">Subscribe</button>
</form>
<script type="text/javascript" src="//www.klaviyo.com/media/js/public/klaviyo_subscribe.js"></script>

Note the action value, hidden value with your LIST_ID, etc. There’s more information about that documentation here:

However, if you may want to consider an embedded Klaviyo Signup Form and embed it into your Site instead since the Klaviyo Signup Forms have more features and capabilities such as A/B Testing, detailed Analytics, and targeting features and capabilities.  

Here’s more information about using Klaviyo’s native Signup Form feature here:

Hope that helps!