Solved

OPT out question

• 11 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,
I have had a business that had to be closed down and instead I am starting a new business within the same area. I would like to use my old list of customers and inform them about my new business so I wonder if I can import the customer list with an CSV file and in the first email sent out give them an opportunity to Opt out if they are not interested any more?
I really hope someone can help me with this question.

Have a nice day!

Br Åsa

icon

Best answer by David To 11 August 2022, 20:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Rivisani,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

I would strongly advise against using your old list of contacts for your new business as it would be a violation of our Klaviyo’s Acceptable Use Policy along with various other regulations such as CAN-SPAMCCPAGDPRCASTLPECR, and others based on your location. My colleague @wei.he explains this really clearly in their I recently acquired a list from a third party — can I send to this list in Klaviyo? Community post. 

Since your new business is under a different brand, your old list of past subscribers would not have shared explicit consent to receive emails from your new brand. I’ve also touched upon this in past Community posts which I’ve included below which may be helpful:

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +1

Hi,
Thank you for your answer. I really understand and will not use the old list of names.
Best regards

Åsa