Solved

Segment based on specific product/category's tenure

• 11 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I’m trying to understand if I can create segments based on a specific product/category tenure. 

Here are the example: has purchased a bike in the last 3 months (none regarding whether or not they purchased something else) or has purchased a bike between 3 and 12 months. 

Ideally, I’d like to keep it at a collection level (Shopify integration) rather than having to go down the SKU route. 

icon

Best answer by David To 11 August 2021, 17:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Leo Pure Electric,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

You can create a segment to capture a group of customers who have purchased a product from a specific category in a specific timeframe with the segment definition of “What someone has done, Placed Order at least once in the last 90 days where Collection equals X”.

Alternatively, you can also adjust the time frame portion of the definition to read “between 90 and 365 days ago” to capture customers who have made the purchase between three months and 12 months ago. I would also suggest taking a look at the Guide to Creating Segments Help Center article to learn more about segments and what other definitions and rules would be available to you. 

Thanks for being a Klaviyo Community member!

David

Badge +2

Brilliant - I wasn’t sure if the timeframe would always refer to the collection (i.e. someone could have purchased something else) but it seems like it would so I’ll use this. 

Thanks

Leo