Solved

Segment behaviour - automatically removing someone from a segment

• 3 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi

I can’t seem to find an answer to this, so reaching out for some help.

I have created a segment which people are added to once they have spent $500. They then enter a flow and receive an email with a coupon.

What I can’t work out is how to automatically remove them from the segment once the email has sent so that they will go back in when they have spent a further $500, to receive another coupon.

Appreciate any advice, thank you

icon

Best answer by Brett_Gatsby 4 June 2023, 23:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Bonza Dog Treats does this segment logic below get what you need? Add this to the logic from your $500+ segment and it would exclude people who received that specific email before.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Bonza Dog Treats,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! 

@Brett_Gatsby’s on the right track here! If you folded that segment definition he suggested into your existing segment, it would exclude users who have already received the discount email from the flow. 

One more thing you may want to keep in mind is that users are only eligible to go through lists and segment triggered flows once. This means that users who already spent $500 and went through the flow to receive a coupon would not be eligible for that same flow again. Instead, you may want to create a new segment and flow associated with spending $1,000 to offer a new coupon. 

I hope this helps!

David