Solved

selecting multiple segment from the dropdown

• 24 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

Hello, All!

As I’m segmenting campaigns, I routinely need to select multiple audiences from the dropdown in Klaviyo.  As I do so, I see there are checkboxes to the left of each possible segment I could add.  To prevent needing to search multiple times, I’d like to add more than one segment of customers at a time. (For example, each of the two groups shown below w/ red slashes.) I have tried option-clicking and right-clicking, but I’m not able to choose multiple folks in one go.  What am I missing?  TIA!

icon

Best answer by retention 24 January 2022, 18:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @itsbec - welcome to the community!

I just tried this myself, and each time I clicked one of the Checkbox it adds it to my Exclusion list - but I see your point that you have to enter the search query again each time.  Hopefully Klaviyo can fix this UX issue to make this more convenient.

On the other hand, if you are frequently using the same Segments for exclusion for your Campaigns, one other option is to build a Super Segment that logically combines all the Segment rules.  I’m not sure if this fits your specific scenario, but I sometimes rebuild a Super Segment that I use for Campaign exclusions to make it more convenient (and ensure I didn’t forget an audience) so I can just use the Super Segment instead of adding each one in individually.

Badge +5

We clone and update each of these segments weekly, so building a super segment would take more time than just ‘re-searching’ each time does... but I appreciate your response!