Solved

Syncing Subscribers to a Klaviyo Newsletter via Shopify Account Registration Page

• 17 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

HI all,

I have just realized that when ever users create a new account, their account are added to email subscribers in shopify automatically and klaviyo are not syncing those list at all?

my pop up and newsletter feature both works with no problems.

I tried syncing, but my email subscribers just get stuck there.

Any idea>?

icon

Best answer by Julia.LiMarzi 17 August 2021, 21:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @jwalk86,

Thank you for posting this to the Community and thank you @Julia.LiMarzi for your insightful reply.

In addition to Julia’s post, since this solution will not function “out-of-the-box” and requires custom coding, If you are uncomfortable with editing and adding code and scripts, we recommend reaching out to a Klaviyo partner agency for assistance.

Thanks and have a great rest of your day.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @jwalk86, thanks for reaching out the Community!

When someone creates a Shopify account, they are not automatically added to a Klaviyo list unless the Shopify registration form is updated to collect email consent with Klaviyo. 

You can read through the steps to do this in detail in our Help Center article: How to Sync Shopify Account Registration Customers to a List. In brief, you’ll need to:

1. Enable Accepts Marketing on your Shopify registration form 
  2. Connect the checkbox from step 1 to a List in Klaviyo

This will require accessing your Shopify store’s theme files and adding a bit of code to it. Example code is included in the document linked above, just be sure to update the required values to match your account information as directed.

I hope this helps!