Solved

Timezone based on List or Segment Membership

• 16 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello, 

I doubt whether there is a bug in the list/segments with different timezone.

We changed timezone from Asia/shanghai to America/New_York

then we created  new list/segments, the Created_time is still Shanghai, and the result of Shanghai time zone is the same as that of New York time zone .

Theoretically, the two time zones are 12 hours apart.

looking forward your replay.

icon

Best answer by Dov 28 June 2022, 15:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@Dov 

thanks for reply

but, i still can’t understand the results of Shanghai time zone is the same as that of New York time zone .

my segments rule is : checked out at least once between dates 2022/6/12 to 2022/6/13

the time range is different but the results are same, i am sure the number of events is different.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @kimmia,

Thanks for your note on this.

My recommendation is to cross-reference the timezones on the profile with the Checkout Started event timestamps, to ensure that members of the segment align with the timezone expectations. If you notice a profile should not be included in the segment based on their timezone, share the particular email addresse(s) with our support staff and they will be happy to investigate for your further. 

Thanks for being a member of our community.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @kimmia,

Thanks for sharing this with us.

The time stamps under “Created” > “Lists & Segments” (June 16th, 2022 5:41 in your screenshot) is on the browser timezone (rather than the timezone set by your account). With that said, within the segment(s) themselves, the timestamps associated with each profile in the segment or list will reflect the account timezone. 

I hope that’s helpful.