What Are the Different Ways You're Accumulating Email Addresses?

• 2 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello!

Would like to ask what are your different ways in accumulating email addresses. Hope you can share with me :)

Thank you!

shoshana.antunes 3 years ago

Hi @JustJassy. What a great question to pose to the Community! Klaviyo can accumulate email addresses in a variety of different ways. I’ll highlight the 3 most common ways:

• Through signup forms (the recommended method!)
    • Klaviyo has a variety of forms that are easy to create and publish to your store! Check out our guide to signup forms here
  • By importing a csv
    • If you already have a list of opted-in contacts, you can manually import them into Klaviyo through a csv file
  • When people engage with your online store
    • If you have an online store that is integrated with your account, Klaviyo will ingest the contact information of people who shop with you! For example, when someone starts a checkout on your store, we save their email address and the item that they had in their cart. If they abandon their cart, we’re able to send them an automated email reminding them to complete their purchase

Signup forms are the best way to accumulate new email subscribers and grow your newsletter list! I’d love to hear other ways that fellow Community members are accumulating subscribers 

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @JustJassy. What a great question to pose to the Community! Klaviyo can accumulate email addresses in a variety of different ways. I’ll highlight the 3 most common ways:

• Through signup forms (the recommended method!)
    • Klaviyo has a variety of forms that are easy to create and publish to your store! Check out our guide to signup forms here
  • By importing a csv
    • If you already have a list of opted-in contacts, you can manually import them into Klaviyo through a csv file
  • When people engage with your online store
    • If you have an online store that is integrated with your account, Klaviyo will ingest the contact information of people who shop with you! For example, when someone starts a checkout on your store, we save their email address and the item that they had in their cart. If they abandon their cart, we’re able to send them an automated email reminding them to complete their purchase

Signup forms are the best way to accumulate new email subscribers and grow your newsletter list! I’d love to hear other ways that fellow Community members are accumulating subscribers 

Badge +2

Hi, one question,

is there a way to automate the importing csv method so that it happens every so often by calling a URL that delivers update csv from our data server?

It could also be useful if from our own server we could load updated csv to klaviyo by calling any custom URL in klaviyo.

Our data server is updated with subscriptions from mobile apps and our intention is not to have to create a custom synchronizer using the klaviyo API since we wanted some form of data update that would not tie us too much to a specific API.

Exporting data in a csv format is a standard and convenient way and we do not know if it would be possible to update our klaviyo sono email lists by sending you updated csv from time to time. It would be a great solution.

Thanks for your help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @I3NET

Welcome to the Community Forum! We are so glad you are here and thank you for sharing your question with us! 

I agree, this would be a great solution! There are multiple ways to get data into Klaviyo. First, you can have a built-in or Klaviyo-supported integration that automatically sends Klaviyo information to sync to your account. If you don’t use these types of integrations, you can easily Create and Add Contacts to a New List and manually important the data you want into Klaviyo as a CSV file. Additionally, you can sync your information to Klaviyo  exactly in the way you’re outlining, calling a custom URL to update your CSV. You can accomplish this by setting up an API to periodically make a request to the List API. You can learn how to create these API calls in our Klaviyo v2 API documentation. 

Thank you for being a part of the Community and bringing awareness to this automated-import alternative that can potentially benefit other customers as well!

Best,

Taylor 

Badge +2

Hi, thanyou for your help, happy that we got the idea, now We plan to use the identify endpoint in the API to update or create new contacts in klaviyo list periodically form our server.

You advidsed in this url https://apidocs.klaviyo.com/reference/track-identify (you said is the more suitable one for this kind of task)

If we send a profile of a contact with updated properties and find the contact by email, we know that he will update the profile.

Our doubt is,

But if you do not find the contact by email, will you create the profile of that new contact?, that is, will this API add that new contact (email and profile) to the contact list?

Our intention is to avoid resource consumption by bringing listings from klaviyo to our server to check if a contact exists. 
it would be as simple as going through our contacts on our server and sending them to klaviyo and kaviyo is in charge of updating or creating according to contact by your email exists.

Our development is a mobile App, we want it to be the data server that does this synchronization.

We are making a budget so that our client can hire you a plan in klaviyo and We try to determine our task

Thank you, I see that pleasantly at least the support works well! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @I3NET

Thank you for sharing your additional question with us. I am looking to into your doubt whether or not the API call will create a net new profile if it does’t not find a a contact.

We are very excited to hear your are getting more involved with our services! We are so happy to have you! 

I will return with a adequate answer for you very soon, 

-Taylor 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @I3NET

Thank you for your additional question. Yes, if the $email field is the unique identifier and doesn’t match an existing user or their ID from a previous API call, a net new profile with this email will be created. The same $email address needs to be included in order for us to “map” that data to the profile. I recommend taking a look at this article if for more insight into Getting Started with Klaviyo APIs

Additionally, the Help Center has a whole section of articles on APIs and custom integrations, along with many other users asking API Questions in the Community Forum for your benefit! 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor

Badge +2

Thank you for your answer.