Solved

Will manually uploaded contact to a list overrule unsubscription?

• 6 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi there

I’m running a campaign on social media to collect e-mail-adresses for my company’s newsletter. I have set up flows in Klaviyo so I can just import a file of contacts to a list and a welcome e-mail will be sent. 

My plan was to upload a the same growing list of contacts every day, counting on Klaviyo to differentiate between new contacts on my list and contacts, that were added the first time a week ago (and therefore had already received a welcome email).

But now I have run into a problem: Some of the contacts (of course!) unsubscribe from the list after having received the welcome email. How do I make sure I do not resend e-mails to them when I keep on uploading the same, growing list?

The contacts agree to receive e-mail marketing from our company, so the file I upload has an email consent column. 

Hope you can help me out!

icon

Best answer by Dov 7 September 2021, 18:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @mette@livsglaeder,

Thank you for sharing this question with the Klaviyo community.

You have nothing to worry about! You can continue uploading your list without any issues. This is because uploading the same user to a list will not change their subscription status within Klaviyo, they will remain suppressed. Additionally, users can only move through a list-triggered flow once, therefore even if they were subscribed at the time of the re-upload, they would not receive the welcome emails again.

Also consider adding our integration with Facebook. This integration will allow you to sync users directly from Facebook to Klaviyo using lead ads

Hope that was helpful! Thanks for being a member of our community.

Badge +2

That was very helpful! Thank you!