The secret sauce to successful marketing strategies is the use of user-generated content. Many consumers want to hear from peers, family and friends - not from brands as they make purchasing decisions. On average 79% of consumers said purchasing decisions were influenced by user-generated content. Naturally for brands, the question remains, “how do we get consumers to share content”?
In this session we answer this and much more:
- Why user-generated content is important
- Examples of user-generated content
- Social commerce
For me, understanding how to utilize user-generated content with social commerce is the key. Social commerce isn’t talked about as much as ecommerce, but I think it’s the next major revenue stream for brands that are looking to create better customer experiences.
Platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Tiktok and Twitter are now allowing users to buy from brands directly in app vs clicking through to a brands website, where a lot can go wrong.
There’s so much that can be done with user-generated content and through this session and the resources below:
- Academy course - Developing a User-Generated Content Strategy: This course is all about how to collect and promote UGC in and outside of Klaviyo. You will gain a better understanding of how to integrate UGC in your Klaviyo strategy and see a few examples for inspiration.
- Blog - User-generated content (UGC) in ecommerce email marketing: they why and how
- Blog - Social Commerce: Is it here to stay [strategy]
A big ask from attendees of the above session was to see examples of small brands utilizing UGC. For that I’m asking Klaviyo community members to drop your favorite examples in this thread!