Solved

A question about "Placed Orders" regarding Funnel.io, Klaviyo, and Shopify

• 26 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hello!

Pardon me if this has been addressed elsewhere on the forum, I did not come across it and want to see if anyone here could give me some clarification, or point me in the right direction on the following:

Which Klaviyo-to-Funnel connection gives me the correct number of Placed Orders we contributed to?

-Using the program Funnel, you can import/connect to Klaviyo accounts in six different ways.
-Three of those connections (No Breakdown, Attributed Flow, Attributed Message) import the two metrics I would like for a report, “Placed Order” and “Placed Order Value”, however...
-All three connections provide different numbers.

If you go into the Klaviyo Metric Analytics, the “Placed Order” and “Placed Order Value” is imported from Shopify without filters.

The “No Breakdown” Funnel connection to Klaviyo gives me the total Shopify number- it has nothing to do with Klaviyo. I added a filter to only include placed orders that have a “UTM campaign medium” of “email”, but that number does not match the “Attributed Flow” or the “Attributed Message” connection numbers.

I just want to know what our Klaviyo account contributed to our client’s order metrics- plain and simple.
Is this number just the sum of “Attributed Message” and “Attributed Flow” orders? 
Is it neither of those connections, and correctly the “No Breakdown” report with a medium = email filter?

All thoughts are appreciated, thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by Dov 26 May 2021, 16:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @S-Labs,

Thank you for sharing all of this helpful information and for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community for a solution.

The easiest high-level view to understand revenue attributed through Klaviyo is to navigate to the Performance Dashboard under “Revenue from Klaviyo”. Ensure you have the “Placed Order” metric selected on the top-right under the objectives cards. The “Revenue from Klaviyo” figure is the total revenue attributed to Klaviyo and combines your attributed flow and campaign revenue into a single figure. Below these figures, you will find a break down of the attributed revenue per flow and campaign message. You can also adjust the date-range on this dashboard.

The flows and campaigns revenue figures are calculated according to Klaviyo’s Conversion Tracking model. In a nutshell, a conversion occurs when a recipient opens your message and then takes another action (such as placing an order) within the conversion period. By default, the conversion period is 5 days, but this setting can be adjusted in your account's email settings.

There is also a total revenue figure in the same dashboard called “Total Revenue” which will not only include attributed revenue from Klaviyo (flows + campaigns) but also include unattributed revenue. Essentially, unattributed revenue refers to any purchase made that Klaviyo tracked, but was not attributed to a specific flow or campaign message because it fell outside of Klaviyo’s conversion tracking model. For example, If I placed an order after opening up an email but the order fell outside of the conversion window. For more information, I am also linking our article understanding the performance dashboard.

This is a great high-level way to observe this data, with that said, there are other tools you can use in Klaviyo to take a deeper dive into attributed revenue. I am linking this article providing further links to other reporting tools if you’re looking to get into more granular attributed revenue reporting.

I hope this helps! Thanks and have a great day.

Badge +3

Thank you for your help and write up, I appreciate it all. The number is showing up incorrectly in Funnel.io but I am contacting them at the moment- thank you for showing me the numbers I am looking for and linking me some information.