Solved

Abandoned Cart Flow | Custom Site

• 30 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi, 

I would love to see if anyone has experience with this please. We are using Klaviyo with a custom built site, so we’ve been using custom metrics in order to sync the flows. 

The only flow we cannot get to work properly is the Abandoned Cart Flow. We’ve followed Klaviyo’s instructions, but the emails in the flow are not being triggered to send. 

Any suggestions? 

icon

Best answer by Dov 2 December 2022, 16:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @YaelH,

Thanks for sharing this question with us.

There could be a few things happening here. I recommend reviewing the answer in the thread below - it walks through some preliminary troubleshooting steps when flows are not working as expected (you can skip over the last section which speaks to the random 50/50 split):

This will be a matter of determining at which step in the process (metric-level, flow-level or template-level) are things going awry. If you could provide a follow-up note with any new information after reviewing the above thread, we’ll dig into it further here.

I hope that’s a helpful start. 

Badge +3

Hi @Dov

Thank you for your reply. 

1. The profiles are logging the event which triggers the flow (started checkout)
  2. These events came through while the flow emails were live
  3. The flow filters & trigger filters are not precluding any profiles from entering the flow. 

Anything else you can think of? 

Yael

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @YaelH,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, have a look at the analytics, specifically when you click “View All Analytics” in each flow email as described here. It’s possible that these flow messages are being skipped. You can find a list of skip reasons here. Typically for abandoned cart flows if emails are being skipped it’s because users are making purchases. You can find further troubleshooting steps (including a step-by-step form) for flows here too.

I hope that’s helpful.