Solved

"Added to cart" Not showing in analytics tab

• 14 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I am currently having issues with the added to cart analytic showing just like many others!

I followed all the steps with adding “viewed product” and as well as “added to cart” via by class. Also my code for my theme doesn't go by “product.liquid”, but “main-product-liquid”. Not too sure if that makes a difference. Also not too sure if I need to take out certain strings within the class element or if I should just keep the full string. I added screen shots in regards to my code. Please let me know if there are any adjustments I need to make. 

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 15 March 2022, 19:41

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @dillonqd

Welcome to the Community! Would lvoe to help shed some light on this! 

In order to test if your ‘Viewed Product’ and ‘Added to Cart’ metric are tracking correctly, you can cookie yourslef on your website and see if the events tracked correctly on your profile. You can cookie your own browser with your desired email by following these steps:

• Navigate to your website/homepage in an incognito browser
  • Add the following to the end of your store URL, replacing example@gmail.com with your email address:
    ?utm_email=example@gmail.com
    • Example URL: wwww.ExampleWebsite.com/?utm_email=example@gmail.com
  • After you reload the page your browser should be cookied with your desired email address, which would create a profile within Klaviyo
  • Now View Different products on your Website and Add some of those Products to your Cart

If you navigate to your profile and notice that these events are properly tracked on your profile, it is liekly that there were no recorded events in your Analytics tab before no profile had triggered the event yet after instillation. I would navigate to your Analytics tab after cooking yourself to confirm the events are now properly recorded. 

To gain further insight on this matter, I’d recommend reading these other posts where users also experienced the same problem! 

Thanks for participating in our Community! 

-Taylor