Solved

Defining drop-off point for welcome flow

• 7 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello!

I would like to improve my welcome flow as currently it is extremely long and our averages are decreasing due to the later emails that aren’t performing as well. In thinking about strategy and how to improve the flow, I would love to figure out when I should introduce possibly more aggressive offers in the welcome flow. Meaning, let's say once a subscriber goes beyond X days without placing an order. they are unlikely to ever place an order.

How can I calculate this with the information I have in Klaviyo? 

Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by Julia.LiMarzi 7 January 2021, 23:05

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @emela.husic!

Great question. As a first step, I’d take a look at your metrics for each message within the flow. It sounds like you’re looking to improve the conversion rate, but the strategy I’m going to suggest could also apply to click rates.

If your conversion rates stay consistent (within a couple of % points), and then suddenly there’s a point with a larger % drop, that is probably your drop off point. If you’re seeing a more gradual decrease in conversion rates, you can test where adding an offer might help.

Using a conditional split, you can test whether adding an offer helps or not and where within the flow you should place the offer. To do this, add a Conditional Split to your flow and set it to Random Sample. Set the split to 50% for an evenly weighted test, and then clone your content from your Yes path to the No path. Alter one of these paths to include an offer or incentive within the first email.

Decide how long you want to monitor your test and then review the results. I would allow enough time for people to receive at least one or two messages after the offer to see if the offer changed the customer’s behavior compared to your original flow.

If you don’t see a change in engagement or increase in conversion, you can test moving the split earlier in your flow, or test a different incentive. 

I’m sure other Community members have also encountered this situation and I’d love to hear what other methods people are using to optimize their flows!