Solved

Delete Track Metric - Individual

• 13 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I’m currently developing a custom integration using the API and was wondering if there is any method available to delete a Track Metric. For example, a “Placed Order”. While it’s my hope this isn’t needed in production, basic testing has shown some serious issues on the Klaviyo side when correcting metrics. One such example was my initial test of a Placed Order. This created a profile (expected), but I had an error in my timestamp value. Not a problem, right? Just send the metric again (with `$event_id` to update it)? Nope, it doesn’t look like there is any way to “fix” a metric. This could have serious implications once we’ve scaled up (>10k Placed Order metrics/day + millions of historical metrics). If there are any errors, it looks like the only option is to delete the metric and start all over, but this would result in a backlog of years of historical data to sync yet again. Looking for the best way to either delete a single metric event with bad data or the ability to update said metric.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Dov 13 July 2022, 22:49

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Steven_t_h,

Thank you for sharing this question with us.

At this time, we don't allow you to change any existing metric's information. This is because we want to keep the data exactly as they were when the event was recorded. Because of this, the only way you can change any existing metrics' data is to delete the entire metric from and then re-sync/re-import your historical event data (as you suggested). With that said, I have filed a feature request for deleting a single “bad” metric in case of error. If such a feature garners enough interest, our product team will look to build it out in the future.

We appreciate your suggestion and thanks for being a member of our community.

Badge +1

@Dov thank you for the quick response!