Solved

Event tracking Klaviyo form submissions on Google Analytics (on Shopify)

• 13 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I am trying to configure Google Analytics to capture an event (and then a goal) when someone submits their email to a form. 

I’ve tried to follow the instructions at the link below but am still not having any events captured. 

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005077027-How-to-Configure-Google-Analytics-Goal-Tracking-for-a-Signup-Form

Has anyone had issues with this and found a resolution? I am using an embedded Klaviyo form on a Shopify site

icon

Best answer by GRossi 16 April 2021, 07:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Interesting. Have you confirmed what method of Google Analytics code you’re using on your site already? Also, it can take up to 24 hours for events to be recorded in GA. Maybe you just need to wait a bit?

Lastly, if you can’t get this to work, you can certainly do something similar using Google Tag Manager with Google Analytics and use the real-time testing before publishing the tag.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @GRossi,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community. And thank you @DavidSandel for your valuable input.

@GRossi, can you confirm if you were able to see this event recorded after waiting? As @DavidSandel correctly pointed out, Google Analytics goal tracking takes some time to update. If you are still having trouble, can you please write back and include some screenshots where you pasted this code. Please redact all sensitive information from your screenshots like your public API key.

Badge +2

Hi guys - thanks so much for your input!

I figured out that because I was using Shogun as a page builder ontop of Shopify, I actually needed to add the Klaviyo code snippit to the theme.shogun.landing.liquid file in Shopify, not the regular theme.liquid file.

Once I added to the Shogun file, the events started firing. 

Unfortunately Google Tag Manager is only supported on enterprise Shopify Plus accounts so wouldn’t have been able to go this path easily. 

Thanks again for your help :)