Solved

How can I see total list growth?

• 29 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I understand how to view and measure list growth via each individual list, however, is there a way to see total list growth for all of my lists combined? I have a lot of different lists, so it is making it hard for me to measure my overall growth. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by David To 30 September 2021, 16:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @stanleypop,

Great question!

As you are aware, Klaviyo’s List Growth Reporting would only provider a report for individual lists. At present there isn’t a method to report on the growth of a culmination of all your available lists in your Klaviyo account. I am aware that this is a highlight sought after feature and will share your feedback and use case to your Product Team to explore!

Another potential option would be to use the Subscribe to List metric to gauge your list growth. Because the List Growth metric would track all contacts who have subscribed and added to a list, building reports or reviewing this metric under your analytics tab would be a great alternative to an account wide list growth report. One thing to keep in mind when using this metric however, is that this metric will not be recorded in a number of small circumstances such as if contacts were being added to a Klaviyo list via the depreciated list V1 endpoint, if contacts were added to the list via a .CSV upload without email consent, or if they were added via the copy/paste method. This is further explained in the Understanding the Subscribed to List Metric Help Center article. 

In addition I know @nikitavaidya and @julie.accardo also had alternative solutions to gather list growth for various list in their comments in the following Community post:

I hope this helps!

David

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @David To, Is there any progress on the ability to see growth across all lists at once?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @JordanC26,

At this time, we don’t have any news to share regarding the ability to see growth across all lists. I did check into this feature request and can confirm it has made it into the hands of our Product Team. 

Thanks for being a part of our Klaviyo Community!

David

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@David To - Is there any method to achieve this via the API do you think?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @JordanC26,

In my opinion, the easiest way of achieving this using API would be making calls to the metric’s endpoint targeting the Subscribe to List metric. This would be similar to what I’ve previously mentioned of leveraging this metric to gauge overall growth and subscribers within your Klaviyo account. 

Another alternative would be to query through the various list members using the Get List and Segment Members endpoint to get the count of profiles/members in the list. Going with this method, it may be easier to create a segment capturing users in all the available lists before going through this query instead of querying through list by list which may result in profiles being multiple times.

David