Solved

How is the IOS 14 update going to affect Klaviyo attribution tracking?

• 29 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello, will the IOS 14 update affect how Klaviyo tracks attribution?

I reckon it wouldn’t because Klaviyo doesn’t track attribution through 3rd party cookies (correct me if I am wrong please!), but I’d like to start this conversation!

Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Paul S 2 February 2021, 00:07

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @ConnorBohannan,

So based on what we know so far, it shouldn’t have an impact on Klaviyo tracking. The reason for this is that the update will impact IDFA’s (Identifier for Advertisers) by allowing users to opt-out of tracking on apps like Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, etc. The update will also have an impact on Safari’s ITP (Intelligent Tracking Prevention), and will now be active by default and tell users how they are being tracked and what is being blocked. The update will impact 3rd Party Cookies.

Because Klaviyo uses First Party Cookies and a Last Click Attribution Model, there should not be an impact.

Just to provide some additional background, Last Click attribution will likely be the only reliable attribution model. Customers/Agencies will want to start building marketing strategies for mobile engagement using tools like email, push notifications, SMS ( aka KLAVIYO!). First-Party Data will now be critical to marketing strategies, so now is the time to invest in your Owned Channels! 

Here are our links to Understanding Conversion Tracking and Cookies in Klaviyo