Solved

How To Create A Report For New And Returning Customers

• 17 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I want to create a report which tracks the number of new customers and number of returning customers we have on a monthly / weekly basis.

I have looked at custom reports, but I can’t see filters for metrics which allow me to filter out new customers (purchase = one) and repeat customers (purchase = two or more).

Has anyone set up reporting for this on Klaviyo and if so, how have they done this? Many thanks!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 18 January 2022, 22:01

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @lex_zap

Thanks for sharing your question with us! Happy to hear you’re looking to use our reporting feature! 

Unfortunately, the option to create custom reports for new and returning customers, i.e. tracking placed order metrics, isn’t an available functionality of our custom reports at this time. I will submit a feature request on your behalf!

However, a workaround for this would be to go to your Metrics tab in Analytics > Placed Order and utilize the ‘Advanced Filter’ Options in this tab. There is a New/Returning view you can add and then customize the time frame. 

Thanks for sharing your question with the Community!

-Taylor 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Taylor Tarpley

This is already unavailable in new GUI ;/

Is there any other option to track new vs returning customers and repurchase rate?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Jakub,

Welcome back to the Community!

The option provided by @Taylor Tarpley of filtering your Placed Order metric by New/Returning customer has not been changed:

In fact, with the recent UI update, it’s actually easier to navigate and filter the data. You wouldn’t actually need to utilize the ‘Advanced Filter’ option anymore as those filters are already available at the top of the page. 

David

Badge +2

Thanks for the above everyone, thats very insightful. 

Is there a way to see $ value driven by new/ returning?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @danielswanepoel!

This use case is actually discussed in another Community thread, here:

Best,

Brian