Solved

How to seperate revenue from online vs POS

• 21 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I’d like to be able to determine the amount a customer has spent online only off the back of our eDMs. Since we integrated our Shopify into POS, our revenue figures show all sales. Meaning, if someone who’s signed up to our database and buys in store within the the time frame of our email being sent, the revenue from that sale is added to our stats in Klaviyo. Any tips? 

icon

Best answer by David To 22 July 2022, 17:19

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Hannah Jane,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Since both your POS and ecommerce share the same backend (Shopify), in order to distinguish revenue attributed between these two sources you’ll typically want to leverage tools like Google Analytics. Because both of these sources share the same backend, sales made through your Shopify POS would look no different than any other Shopify Placed Order event when your Shopify data is shared to Klaviyo. For this reason, Klaviyo cannot decipher between the Shopify Placed Order metrics that were placed through your ecommerce site or from a physical POS since they are the exact same metric synced to Klaviyo. 

My colleague @alex.hong actually touched upon this subject a bit when talking about separating out normal placed orders with reoccurring orders - which exhibit the same behavior. I’ve included the Community post below:

I hope this helps!

David