Solved

How to work out how many Placed Order from FB lead gen segment?

• 11 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +4
  • Active Contributor I
  • 10 replies

Hello, 

I am new to Klaviyo so excuse me if this seems an easy to solve question.

I have been paying for a Facebook Lead Gen campaign so gathering new emails to my newsletter list in Klaviyo. I want to work out how many of these FBLead Gen people have placed an order. 

How would I do this?

I’ve created a segment of FB Lead Gen people. But how do I then anaylse this segment to see who is responding to my newsletter campaigns - the welcome series - or just general campaigns? Is it possible to look into this kind of data?

Any advice much appreciated. 

Many thanks,

J

icon

Best answer by retention 11 October 2021, 20:41

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @Jin  - welcome to the community!

There’s a few ways to do this depending on what analytics you want to see.  The one that sort of covers it all is the “Segment Engagement Report” feature that gives you a high level 30 day glance of a Segment.  

You can find this in your Segment → (Your FB Lead Gen Segment) → Reports → Engagement here:

Here you can see your 30 Day Open Rate, Click Rate, and AOV which is good quick overview.

If you want to get to more specifics for all users that came from Facebook Lead Gen, you can use the Custom Reports to create a Multi Metric Deep Dive Report for the metrics “Filled Out Lead” and “Placed Order” - or any other metrics) then Filtered By an associated “Facebook Lead Gen” Flow.

If you have a specific Flow for people who come from Facebook Lead Gen, this will limit the report results to people who came in from Facebook Lead Gen.  If you don’t have this Flow setup yet, it might be a good idea to have this so you can have a Flow specific for Facebook Lead Gen folks, but more importantly, so you can quickly see their performance at a glance. 

Here’s what it might look like:

Hope this helps!

Badge +4

Thanks very much Joseph, that’s really helpful. I’ve set up the report now. Yes, I think it would be a good idea to set up the flow like you say - a separate one for FB Lead Gen. I did try this by cloning my Welcome Series but it’s a little tricky and I was worried I would end up emailing them twice through my normal Welcome Series too. Anyway, that’s another issue to tackle another day!

Thanks for your help with this. 

Best wishes, 

Jinny

Badge +4

Actually, this report just shows me who ‘Placed Order’ and not who ‘Filled out Lead Ad’ AND then ‘Placed Order’

There doesn’t seem to be a way to see that - or am I missing something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Jin 

Thank you so much for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community for help with getting your custom report going for your Facebook Lead Ad and Placed Order metrics.

@retention suggestion is correct with setting up this custom report. I see from the screenshot that you have it set up to show within the last 30 days? Can you share a screenshot of what the report looks like once it is generated? Is there any data showing in the report or are all fields showing “0” values? Would love to help further, let us know what is happening when the report is generated!

Thanks for being part of the Klaviyo Community!

Badge +4

Hi @stephen.trumble 

Thanks for writing back. There is data in those two fields - both in “Filled Out Lead Ad” and “Placed Order”  but if I remove the “Filled Out Lead Ad” it shows the same data for the “Placed Order” - so the columns aren’t linked - if that makes sense. 

For instance, I want to know how many people who filled out the Lead Ad then went on to place an order. 

But it’s just showing me how many people filled out a lead ad. AND how many people placed an order - so there is no link between the two. It’s two separate bits of data rather than linked.

Is there a way to get the data to show who filled out the lead ad and then who went on to place an order?

Thanks for your help : )